Morella Farm Stay Local Attractions
Fleurieu Peninsula in South Australia is the wine, water and wildlife tourism destination with a temperate climate, central highlands and coastal fringes. The Fleurieu Peninsula is not only the gateway to the world famous attraction of Kangaroo Island it also has 60 cellar door wineries and restaurants and an abundance of natural attractions.
In Cape Jervis (very close to Morella Farm stay), there is Morgans Beach, which is great for swimming and surf fishing, a local fishing jetty, free boat ramp facilities and a local tavern, petrol station and general store.
Services within this town cater for the essentials however if you have special requirements it is advisable to bring items with you. Please be advised that if you expect to arrive after 7:30pm it is best to enjoy a meal along the way in case the tavern is no longer serving meals.
Victor harbor is only a short drive away and offers great shopping, entertainment and sightseeing. Even closer are Second Valley, Normanville and Yankalilla, which feature restaurants, cafes, shopping and wineries.
Things to do & see
- Kangaroo Island is only a short ferry ride away if you want to go over for a day trip. You can even arrange to take your vehicle on the ferry and take in the natural beauty of the region.
- Deep Creek Conservation Park - features waterfalls, stunning beaches and hiking/walking the famous Heysen Trail.
- Southern Wine region – over 60 cellar door wineries.
- Local jetty, rock and beach fishing.
- Charter Fishing - with outstanding fishing including the sought after red snapper and blue fin tuna.
- Dolphin watching or winter whale watching.
- Local golf courses.
We have extensive knowledge of the local area, know the charter operators well and are soon to be accredited agents for Sealink.
We are more than happy to assist you in planning your next fishing trip or Kangaroo Island day trip or getaway at no charge.
Our recommendations for breakfast, morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea or dinner, include The "Pear Tree" Restaurant & Bistro and The Cape Jervis Tavern.